Circus Main Entrance Circuses Circus Performers Circus Sideshows Circus Sideshow performers Life with the circus Circus owners and managers Circus Movies Circus candy butchers
MAIN
ENTRANCE
CIRCUSES PERFORMERS SIDESHOWS SIDESHOW
ACTS
CIRCUS
LIFE
CIRCUS
OWNERS
CIRCUS
MOVIES
CANDY
BUTCHERS

Campbell Brothers Shows

 

Campbell Bros Circus

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Campbell Bros Circus on lot

 

 

The original Campbell Bros. Circus was owned by brothers Virgil, Al, Charlie and Ed Campbell and began in Galesburg, Il. The Circus started with 30 horse drawn wagons and more than 100 personell. The Circus grew to a 40 car railroad show and was advertised as the second largest circus in America. The circus began wintering in Fairbury Nebraska in 1885. The 1912 season was a disastrous one for the show, bad weather,fires and a train wreck plagued the circus. The following year banks foreclosed on outstanding loans and the show was forced into bankruptcy.

The brothers grandfather, Elisha Campbell and his four sons Bill, Fred, Bert and Ed., bought bankrupt circus and moved it's headquarters to the family farm near Enid, OK. The circus continued for seven more seasons.

 

Previous Circus   Next Circus
Previous   Next

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Main Entrance   List of American Circuses   List of Circuses Performers   List of Circus Owners
Main Entrance   Circuses   Performers   Owners

  Copyright © 2013 Circuses and Sideshows Dot Com